(a) Each must have on hand at all times an adequately trained in the correct operation of the equipment so as to be able to inform and assist the public in its proper use.
(b) The owner or must prohibit a under age 18 from using any type of as defined by § 14.370 available in the .
(c) The owner or must conspicuously post the warning signs described in paragraphs (1) and (2) within three feet of each tanning station. The sign must be clearly visible, not obstructed by any barrier, equipment, or other object, and must be posted so that it can be easily viewed by the before energizing the .
(1) The warning sign required in paragraph (c) must have dimensions not less than eight inches by ten inches, and must have the following wording:
-Avoid overexposure. As with natural sunlight, overexposure can cause eye and skin injury and allergic reactions. Repeated exposure may cause premature aging of the skin and skin cancer.
-Wear protective eyewear.
FAILURE TO USE PROTECTIVE EYEWEAR MAY RESULT
IN SEVERE BURNS OR LONG-TERM INJURY TO THE EYES.
-Medications or cosmetics may increase your sensitivity to the . Consult a physician before using sunlamp or if you are using medications or have a history of skin problems or believe yourself to be especially sensitive to sunlight.”
(2) All must prominently display a sign in a conspicuous place, at the point of sale, that states it is unlawful for a or to allow a under age 18 to use any .
(d) Each will perform the following functions as a precondition to access by the public to the .
(1) The must review verbally the warning information in § 14.373(c)(1) with each desiring to use the .
(2) The must maintain a record of each consumer's total number of tanning visits at the facility, and the dates and durations of tanning exposures for a period of three years after exposure.
(3) The must provide protective goggles and require each wear goggles while using . The protective goggles must meet the requirements of 21 C.F.R., part 1040.20(c)(4). The owner or must ensure that the protective goggles required by this section are properly sanitized before each use unless the goggles are owned by the , and must not rely upon exposure to the produced by the itself to provide the sanitizing.
(4) Convenient toilet facilities and dressing rooms must be provided with all . Toilet facilities must include a water closet and handwashing sink. Toilet facilities and dressing roomsmust be clean and in working order at all times.
(1958 Code, § 147.05) (Ord. 65-33, passed 6-14-1965; Ord. 68-102, passed 12-30-1968; Ord. 71-28, passed 5-10-1971; Ord. 74-114, passed 11-18-1974, renumbered to § 147.06; recodified by Ord. 95-13, passed 8-7-1995; Ord. 2016-10, passed 5-16-2016)