(a) Reporting of rabies suspects. It shall be the duty of every to report to the the diagnosis of any animal within the city observed by the as a .
(b) Preparation of vaccination certificate. A shall, at the time of vaccinating an animal, complete in duplicate a valid National Association of State Public Health Veterinarians’ rabies vaccination certificate, or a comparable substitute, that includes the following information:
(1) The name, address and telephone number;
(2) A description of the animal (predominant breed, sex, color, age, name and weight);
(3) The date of vaccination;
(4) The rabies vaccination tag number;
(5) The type of rabies vaccine administered;
(6) The manufacturer’s serial number of the vaccine;
(7) The listed duration date of the vaccination; and
(8) The signature and code number.
(c) Distribution of vaccination certificate. The shall keep the original vaccination certificate issued by the and present the certificate at the time of applying for a domesticated animal license.
(d) Issuance of vaccination identification tags. The shall issue a metal or durable plastic tag, serially numbered, at the time of vaccination, which indicates that the animal has been vaccinated.
(e) Vaccination or city license tag on animal required. The of an animal:
(1) Not requiring a city license shall ensure that the vaccination tag is securely attached to the collar or harness;
(2) Requiring a city license, including dogs, cats or ferrets shall ensure the city-issued license tag is securely attached to the collar or harness; or
(3) Not commonly expected to wear a collar or harness, but is required to be vaccinated, shall make available the vaccination certification upon request.
When an animal described in subsections (e)(1) or (e)(2) above is out-of-doors, either on the premises but not confined or off the premises, the collar or harness with the appropriate tag attached shall be worn.
(Ord. 2010-28, passed 11-1-2010)