(a) Duties of . It shall be the duty of each for real within the city to remove any placed upon any surface of a permanent structure, fixture or object located thereon within ten calendar days of being notified by the city that the presence of the is a , unless a longer abatement period is set forth in the notice. The cost of such removal shall be paid by the .
(b) Declaration of . Where the existence of on is determined to constitute a , the Environmental Health Manager, or the designee thereof, shall serve a written notice of that finding to the . This notice shall contain the following and be served as set forth in clause (c):
(1) The street address or legal description or both of the sufficient for identification of the ;
(2) A statement that the on the is a potential public nuisance with a concise description of the conditions leading to that finding;
(3) A description of what must be done to abate the ;
(4) A statement that within the period set forth in the notice the must either abate the in the manner described in the notice or serve the City Environmental Health Manager with a written demand for an administrative hearing and that failure to either abate or demand a hearing shall be deemed an admission that the constitutes a subject to abatement by the city with assessment of those costs against the as set forth in § 12.06 of the city code; and
(5) A statement that the written demand for a hearing must contain the full legal names for all persons known to be responsible parties for the ; the street address of the ; and a specific statement of the grounds on which the contests the city’s determination that the constitutes a .
(c) Such notice shall be deemed to be properly served if a copy thereof is:
(1) Delivered personally;
(2) Sent by first-class mail addressed to the person who is listed by the County Auditor as the owner of tax payer record. If the tax payer's address is different than the address where the violation exists, then the notice shall also be mailed to the address where the violation exists; or
(3) If the notice is returned showing that the letter was not delivered or the is known to be vacant, a copy thereof shall be posted in a conspicuous place in or about the structure affected by such notice.
(Ord. 72-24, passed 4-24-1972; Ord. 80-58, passed 12-22-1980; recodified by Ord. 98-53, passed 11-16-1998; added by Ord. 2000-9, passed 5-15-2000; Ord. 2016-24, passed 10-24-2016)