The following words and terms, when used in this chapter, shall have the following meaning, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise.
ALTERNATIVE DEER CONTROL PROGRAM. A restricted kill of deer which may involve members of the general public upon completion of special training, designated to provide a safe and effective method for controlling deer populations in as humane a manner as possible. Program objectives are to produce a healthy deer population in balance with the ecosystem, to achieve tolerable levels of deer browsing on natural and ornamental vegetation, and tolerable levels of deer/vehicle collisions. The program is not intended to provide a population of deer for a sustained yield for public hunting.
DANGEROUS WEAPON. Includes the following:
(1) All firearms, whether loaded or unloaded;
(2) Bows and arrows, when arrows are pointed tipped;
(3) All instruments used to expel, by means of explosives, gas or compressed air, springs or elastic materials, a hard, solid missile or projectile, bullet or pellet of any kind, but not limited to B-B guns and air rifles;
(4) Sand clubs, slingshots or blackjacks;
(5) Metal knuckles;
(6) Daggers, dirks, Bowie knife, switch blade knife, spring blade knife, push button knife, or figure or disc with sharpened points or edges commonly referred to as a “throwing star;” and
(7) Any dangerous article or substance designed for the purpose of being used as a weapon and capable of producing death or great bodily harm; any combustible or flammable liquid or other device or instrumentally that, in the manner it is used or intended to be used, is calculated or likely to produce death or great bodily harm; or any incendiary device or fire that is used to produce death or great bodily harm.
MINOR. A person who is less than 18 years old.
PUBLIC PLACE. owned, leased or controlled by a governmental unit, as well as that is regularly and frequently open to or made available for use by the public in sufficient numbers to give clear notice of the current dedication to public use, but does not include: a person’s dwelling house or premises, the place of business owned or managed by the person, a gun show, gun shop or hunting or target facility.
(1958 Code, § 167.01) (Recodified by Ord. 98-53, passed 11-16-1998; amended by Ord. 2007-40, passed 11-5-2007)