§ 14.706  REQUIREMENTS FOR ARTS AND CRAFT FESTIVAL.
   (a)   Location. Arts and craft festivals are subject to the following location requirements:
      (1)   Zoning districts. Arts and craft festivals are permitted uses in multiple zoning districts as stated in Chapter 19 and 21 of the city code.
      (2)   Permitted within the right-of-way. Arts and craft festivals are permitted within the right-of-way subject to requirements in § 17.68 of this code.
   (b)   Arts and craft festivals vendors.
      (1)   Primarily arts and . At least 60% of arts and craft festivals vendors must be arts and . The other vendors, up to 40%, are limited to the following types:
         (A)   Retail food vendors;
         (B)   Cottage food vendors;
         (C)   Plant vendors; and
         (D)   Vendors of services.
      (2)   Minimum number of vendors. The arts and craft festival must include at least four vendors.
     (c)   Hours and frequency.
      (1)   Arts and craft festival vendors are not allowed to begin setting up earlier than 7:00 a.m. if located on or within 250 feet of a residential property. This restriction does not apply to an vendor if all residential property within 250 feet of the vendor is situated on the other side of an arterial street.
      (2)   No is allowed to be open for the transaction of business on any day of the week before 7:00 a.m. or after 10:00 p.m.
      (3)   The is permitted up to three occurrences per calendar year with each occurrence limited to no more than four consecutive days in a 30 day period on the same site under one permit.
      (4)   The site must be entirely free of refuse, litter, recyclables, equipment, and vendors two hours after the advertised closing time.
   (d)   Parking.
      (1)   An must provide two code-compliant parking stalls per vendor.
      (2)   The applicant must demonstrate that display area and parking will not negatively impact the parking required on site for non- uses during periods when the is open.
   (e)   Tents and canopies. Permits are required for tents subject to requirements stated in § 19.63.06 of this code.
   (f)    goods.
      (1)   Compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
         (A)   All items must be transported, prepared, labeled, displayed, stored, and sold in accordance with local, state and federal regulations and are subject to inspection.
      (2)   Prohibited vendors and goods. The following types of vendors are prohibited from :
         (A)   Vendors selling .
   (g)   Signs. Signs for the are subject to requirements stated in Chapter 19 Article X of this code.
   (h)   Permits and licenses. All permits and licenses required by the Minnesota Departments of Health or Agriculture or city are the responsibility of the vendors.
   (i)    manager. All must have a designated manager. The festival manager must be present when the is open and is responsible for the supervision, management, and control of the , including:
      (1)   Obtaining any required permits for the from the City of Bloomington;
      (2)   Ensuring compliance with policy documents and all the requirements listed herein;
      (3)   Ensuring all vendors are in compliance with all required local, state, and federal licenses and regulations prior to vending;
      (4)   Ensuring a current list of all vendors is available to city staff to review at all times during the ;
      (5)   Ensuring prompt removal of all refuse, litter, and recyclables from the and areas of public right-of-way within 100 feet of the ; and
      (6)   Maintaining a record, on site and easily accessible to city staff and other officials, of all festival vendors who qualify for exemption under M.S. Chapter 28A.152 Cottage Food Exemption. Each individual vendor record must contain at minimum the following data:
         (A)   Vendor name, business name, and contact information;
         (B)   The address of individual preparing and selling the food; and
         (C)   A list of products sold.
   (j)   Insurance. Commercial general liability and auto insurance for all vendors at a minimum of $1,000,000 must be obtained to cover any on city property. A certificate of insurance must be filed with the city.
(Ord. 2019-4, passed 1-7-2019)