(a) Purpose. The following standards are intended to accommodate cemeteries and crematoria while protecting the public health, safety and general welfare of the community.
(1) Site area. Minimum site area is ten acres.
(2) Grave site location. Grave sites must be setback ten feet from any property line.
(c) Columbaria. Columbaria are permitted as accessory uses to cemeteries subject to the following standards:
(1) Location. Must satisfy the minimum setback requirements of the principal structure in the zoning district;
(2) Size. Columbaria, not counting landscaping, plazas or screening, may not exceed 600 square feet; and
(3) Height. Columbaria may not exceed seven feet in height.
(4) Approval process. Columbaria must receive final site and building plan approval prior to construction.
(d) Crematoria. Crematoria are permitted as accessory uses to cemeteries, mortuaries or funeral chapels and where otherwise allowed within zoning districts subject to the following standards:
(1) Location. A crematorium must be at least 500 feet from any residentially used lot.
(Ord. 2015-5, passed 1-26-2015)