(a) Intent. The shall have the right to administer and regulate activities under the up to the full extent permitted by .
(b) Delegation of authority to regulate. The reserves the right to delegate its regulatory authority wholly or in part to agents of the , including, but not limited to, an agency which may be formed to regulate several in the region in a manner consistent with . Any existing delegation in place at the time of the grant of this shall remain intact unless expressly modified by .
(c) Areas of administrative authority. In addition to any other regulatory authority granted to the by law or , the shall have administrative authority in the following areas:
(1) Administering and enforcing the provisions of this , including the adoption of administrative rules and regulations to carry out this responsibility.
(2) Coordinating the operation of .
(3) Formulating and recommending long-range cable communications policy for the .
(4) Disbursing and utilizing revenues paid to the .
(5) Administering the regulation of rates, to the extent permitted by .
(6) All other regulatory authority permitted under .
The or its designee shall have continuing regulatory jurisdiction and supervision over the system and the grantee's operations under the to the extent allowed by .
(d) Regulation of rates and charges.
(1) Right to regulate. The reserves the right to regulate rates or charges for any within the limits of , to enforce rate regulations prescribed by the , and to establish procedures for said regulation or enforcement.
(2) Notice of change in rates and charges. Throughout the term of this , grantee shall give the and all within the at least 30 ' notice of any intended modifications or additions to rates or charges. Nothing in this subsection (d)(2) shall be construed to prohibit the reduction or waiving of rates or charges in conjunction with promotional campaigns for the purpose of attracting or users.
(3) Rate discrimination prohibited. Within any category of , grantee shall not discriminate among with regard to rates and charges made for any service based on considerations of race, color, creed, sex, marital or economic status, national origin, sexual preference, or (except as allowed by ) neighborhood of residence, except as otherwise provided herein; and for purposes of setting rates and charges, no categorization of shall be made by grantee on the basis of those considerations. Nevertheless, grantee shall be permitted to establish (1) discounted rates and charges for providing to low-income, handicapped, or low-income elderly , (2) promotional rates, and (3) bulk rate and package discount pricing.
(Ord. 2015-7, passed 1-26-2015)