(a) No person shall construct or a , , , or without a permit and inspection at a time designated by the city.
(b) No person shall seal a , or without a permit and inspection at a time designated by the city.
(c) Annual maintenance permits shall be obtained and renewed:
(1) By the owner of property containing any unsealed not in use; and
(2) By the owner of property containing a or remaining unsealed 14 months after completion of its construction.
(d) The fees for permits obtained under this section shall be as described in § 14.03 of this code.
(e) When “ ” exist, a , or may be constructed, reconstructed or sealed, prior to obtaining a permit, in compliance with the following procedures.
(1) If the arise during normal business hours, the work may proceed after the City Environmental Health Division is verbally notified and provided with the information required for the applicable permit and authorization from that Division to proceed is received.
(2) If the arise after business hours or on a non-business day, the work may proceed with verbal notification provided to the City Environmental Health Division on the next business day.
(3) A written application for the work performed pursuant to these emergency provisions must be received by the city, together with applicable permit fees, within five days of the commencement of the work. The person who performed the work shall be responsible for submitting the permit application.
(4) All work performed pursuant to these emergency provisions must comply with the standards and requirements of state law and regulations and city ordinances.
(1958 Code, § 58.02) (Added by Ord. 194, passed 11-10-1952; Ord. 196, passed 11-25-1952; Ord. 201, passed 2-3-1953; Ord. 37, passed 3-23-1954; Ord. 74, passed 11-21-1955; Ord. 76, passed 3-5-1956; Ord. 124, passed 8-19-1957; repealed and new Division added by Ord. 135, passed 4- -1958; Ord. 71-23, passed 4-12-1971; Ord. 89-12, passed 2-27-1989; amended by Ord. 93-29, passed 6-7-1993; Ord. 2014-14, passed 10-13-2014; Ord. 2017-26, passed 7-24-2017; Ord. 2019-29, passed 7-15-2019)