(a) ineligible. No original or renewal license under this Division Y shall be issued to an applicant who if such applicant or any manager, proprietor or agent in charge of the to be licensed:
(1) Is not 18 years of age or older on the date the license application is submitted to the ;
(2) Has been convicted of any crime directly related to the occupation licensed as prescribed by M.S. § 364.03, subd. 2, as it may be amended from time to time, and has not shown competent evidence of sufficient rehabilitation and present fitness to perform the duties of a purveyor of as prescribed by M.S. § 364.03, subd. 3, as it may be amended from time to time;
(3) Is not of good moral character or repute;
(4) Has knowingly falsified or misrepresented information on the license application;
(5) Is not the real party in interest in the being licensed; or
(6) Owes taxes or assessments to the state, county, school district or city that are due and delinquent.
(b) Locations ineligible. The following locations shall be ineligible for a license under this Division Y.
(1) Claims due. No license shall be granted or renewed for operation on any property on which taxes, assessments or other financial claims of the state, county, school district or city are past due, delinquent or unpaid. In the event a suit has been commenced under M.S. §§ 278.01 through 278.13, as they may be amended from time to time. questioning the amount or validity of taxes, the City Council may on application waive strict compliance with this provision; no waiver may be granted, however, for taxes or any portion thereof which remain unpaid for a period exceeding one year after becoming due.
(Ord. 93-20, passed 4-26-1993; recodified by Ord. 95-13, passed 8-7-1995; added by Ord. 2002-20, passed 6-3-2002; amended by Ord. 2007-17, passed 4-9-2007; Ord. 2010-1, passed 1-4-2010)