Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The following design standards shall be incorporated into all mixed use developments in the M-PD-2 zone:
A. Noise Attenuation:
1. All dwelling units shall be constructed with double glazed glass windows.
2. The exterior walls of all dwelling units, and any interior walls or floor/ceilings that separate dwelling units from commercial uses shall comply with the sound transmission standards set forth in sections 1208 and 1208A of the Uniform Building Code, as amended by the 1998 California Building Code, or their successors.
3. All dwelling units shall be equipped with internal air conditioning.
B. Odors: Air conditioning systems for the residential component shall be located and designed in a manner sufficient to prevent adverse impacts from odors generated by the commercial component.
1. Parking shall be located underground or behind a permitted use other than parking to prevent direct visibility from Crescent Drive and Wilshire Boulevard. Parking spaces for commercial tenants and their customers shall be physically separated from parking spaces for residents of the mixed use development so that entry to the parking area for the residential component is restricted to prohibit access by patrons and tenants of the commercial component.
2. Commercial and residential uses shall have separate entrances. Commercial freight elevators and entrances shall also be separate from the residential component. (Ord. 02-O-2417, eff. 1-3-2003)