Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. The town clerk or a deputy designated by him shall be the clerk of the court.
B. The clerk shall:
1. Assist the judge in recording the proceedings of the court and in preparing writs, processes and other papers;
2. Administer oaths required in proceedings before the court;
3. Enter all pleadings, processes and proceedings in the dockets of the courts;
4. Perform such other clerical duties relating to the proceedings of the court as the judge shall direct; and
5. Receive any receipt for forfeitures, fees, deposits and sums of money payable to the court and as may be established by the court or the town board of trustees.
C. The clerk shall pay to the clerk of the town all money so received by him, except such special deposits or fees as shall be received to be disbursed by him for special purposes. All money paid to the clerk shall be placed in the general fund of the town, or in such other fund as the board of trustees may direct. (1998 Code)