Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Except pursuant to Section 818.10 (h)(1), before any action is taken concerning nonrenewal, revocation or suspension of a permit, the city shall serve the permittee by first class mail, or email, mailed at least ten days prior to a hearing with notice of hearing before the:
(1) Board of Appeals, if the action is taken based upon a violation of the Property Maintenance Code, or any other applicable regulatory code; or
(2) Battle Creek City Commission, if the action is taken based upon a violation related to something other than the Property Maintenance Code or other applicable regulatory code.
(b) The notice of hearing before the appropriate body as specified above shall contain the following:
(1) Date, time and place of the hearing;
(2) Notice of the proposed action;
(3) Reasons for the proposed action;
(4) Names of witnesses known at the time who will testify;
(5) A statement that the permittee may be represented by legal counsel, and present evidence and testimony;
(6) A statement requiring the permittee to notify the City of Battle Creek Code Compliance office at least three days prior to the hearing date if the permittee intends to contest the proposed action and to provide the names of witnesses known at that time who will testify on behalf of the permittee.
(c) Upon completion of the hearing, the body conducting the hearing shall submit to the permittee a written statement of findings and determination within thirty days.
(Ord. 04-2020. Passed 10-6-20.)