Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Application Process. The permit application is commenced by the premises owner(s) submitting to the City Community Service Department Code Compliance Division a completed application form as provided in this section. The application is not complete, and no permit decision can be made under Section 818.09 , until the owner or owner's legal agent meets all requirements of this section. This includes, but is not limited to, the accommodations or unit being inspected consistent with Section 818.08 , and that all applicable fees have been paid. A complete application, along with the below additional information, shall be submitted to the Administrator for review and a decision on the application.
(b) Permit Application Form. A permit application form shall require at least the following:
(1) The name, primary residence, business and email address, home and business telephone number, and date of birth of the owner(s) and the legal agent, if any. In the case of a corporation, limited liability company, or partnership, the state of Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs ID number shall also be provided.
(2) The street address(es) of the accommodation(s).
(3) Description of business.
(4) The number of units in the structure.
(5) Number of units with kitchenettes, if any.
(6) Signature(s) and date as required by this section.
(c) Effect of Signature. By signing the permit application form the owner(s) is (are) verifying that all information supplied by the owner(s) on the form is accurate as of the date signed.
(d) Additional Information. In addition to the information supplied by the applicant for the permit application, the City Community Services Department Code Compliance Division shall also attach any recommendation(s) provided by a City department, office, board, or employee, on granting or denial of the permit and the basis for the recommendation. A copy of any adverse recommendation that is attached to the application shall be mailed by first class to the applicant. The copy of the adverse recommendation may be emailed if applicant has approved the use of email. The applicant shall have ten business days from the date of mailing to provide a written response to an adverse recommendation to the City Community Services Department Code Compliance Division, which shall be attached to the application.
(e) Deficiency in Form. The City Community Services Department Code Compliance Division within five business days of receipt of a permit application form, shall notify the applicant of any deficiencies in the application form, including the failure to pay any fee, which prevents its acceptance. Failure to cure the deficiencies set forth in the notice within thirty days from date of the notice will result in the application being deemed abandoned. In such case, any fee paid shall be retained by the City, and the application file closed. Thereafter, an application initiated for the same property is deemed a new application requiring compliance with all initial permit application provisions, including payment of all required fees.
(f) Changes. Applicant will notify the Administrator within thirty days of any change of information as submitted on a permit application form.
(g) Renewal of Permit. An application for the renewal of a permit shall be made as follows:
(1) City Community Services Department Code Compliance Division sends renewal reminder to permittee. A permit renewal reminder will be emailed to the permittee or the permittee's legal agent at the most recent email address on file with the City for that structure, at least ninety days prior to the expiration of the current permit. The permittee remains responsible for timely renewal regardless of receipt of reminder.
(2) Contents of permit renewal application form. A permit renewal application form will require the same information as an initial application form. The permittee must provide all changes in information from the previous application form. Where there is no change in information from the previous application form, the permittee shall indicate that there is no change on the renewal application form. In that case, the prior information is considered incorporated by reference.
(3) Filing time limits. The completed permit renewal application form, along with payment of required fees, must be filed by the permittee with the City no less than sixty days before the expiration of the current permit to obtain a decision on the permit renewal application prior to the expiration of the current permit and to avoid permit renewal late fees as are set out in the fee, bond and insurance schedule provided for in Section 802.24 .
(Ord. 04-2020. Passed 10-6-20.)