Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The application for a permit shall include:
(1) The name, home and business address of the applicant, the name and address of the owner of the business, if other than the applicant;
(2) A description of the food and beverages to be sold;
(3) A photograph and a description of any vehicle (including the size, license and registration number) to be used in the operation of the business;
(4) Two prints of a full-face photograph of any person, taken not more than thirty (30) days prior to the date of the application, who will sell or offer for sale any food or beverage within the city;
(5) A copy of the Kentucky Statewide Mobile Food Unit Permit, or a Statewide Retail Food Unit Permit, issued to the applicant; and
(6) Proof of an insurance policy, issued by an insurance company licensed to do business in the Commonwealth of Kentucky, protecting the permittee and the city from all claims for damages to property and bodily injury, including death, which may arise from operations under or in connection with the permit. Such insurance shall name the city as additional insured and shall provide that the policy shall not terminate or be canceled prior to the expiration date without thirty (30) days advance written notice to the city. Such insurance shall afford minimum limits of one hundred thousand dollars ($100,000) per person bodily injury, three hundred thousand dollars ($300,000) per occurrence bodily injury, and twenty-five thousand dollars ($25,000) per occurrence property damage.
(B) All items listed in the permit application are required annually for renewal of permit.
(C) Not later than thirty (30) days after the filing of a completed application for a permit, the applicant shall be notified by the Mayor, or his/her designee of the issuance or denial of the permit. The Mayor or his /her designee shall consider the standards set forth in this chapter in determining whether to grant a permit. If the permit is denied, the applicant shall be provided with a statement of the reasons therefore, which reasons shall be entered in writing on the application.
(Ord. 2014-03, passed 1-28-14)