Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Compliance. The regulations set out in divisions (B) and (C) shall be complied with by each permittee.
('83 Code, § 5.28.060)
(B) Cabaret dance permit.
(1) The dance floor area shall be plainly marked and designated as a dancing area. No dancing shall be permitted in the premises except upon the dancing area thus marked and designated.
(2) During all hours during which dancing is permitted by the permit issued under this chapter for the premises, no portion of the dancing area shall be used for any purpose other than dancing and entertainment.
(3) No premises at which cabaret dancing is conducted or engaged in shall be used or operated as a private club between the hours of 2:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. of any day.
('83 Code, § 5.28.070) (Ord. 811, passed - -80)
(C) All dances for which permit required.
(1) No person, other than the permittee and his bona fide employees acting in the course of their employment, shall possess any intoxicating liquor at the dancehall, dancing club, club dance, cabaret dance or any public dance unless the same has been lawfully sold, served or dispensed thereat.
(2) No employee of any permittee conducting, or in charge of, such dance, shall engage in dancing with any other person at his or her place of employment.
(3) No permittee shall permit any person to enter into, to be in or to remain in any place where such dance is being conducted, who is intoxicated, boisterous, or disorderly. No person shall conduct himself in a boisterous or disorderly manner in or at any place where dancing is allowed under this chapter.
(4) Each permittee shall:
(a) Maintain at all times within the room or place provided for dancing a minimum amount of illumination which shall equal an average of five footcandle at a distance of 30 inches from the floor of the room or place;
(b) Maintain outside at all times within 20 feet of every entrance, exit, loading area of the room or place provided for dancing during the hours of operation a minimum amount of illumination which shall equal an average of five footcandle at ground level; and
(c) Maintain outside at all times within 50 feet of the building in which dancing is conducted during the hours of operation a minimum amount of illumination which shall equal an average of three footcandle at ground level. In computing the average of three footcandle, the five footcandle illumination required as set forth in division (2) above may be included.
('83 Code, § 5.28.080)
(D) Notwithstanding any other provision of this code, a violation of this section shall be deemed to be an infraction.