Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Approval. Notwithstanding any other provisions of this Code, no building or demolition permit shall be issued for any covered project unless and until the Environmental Compliance Official has reviewed the C&DMMP. Approval shall not be required, however, where an emergency demolition is required to protect public health or safety as deemed so by the City Building Official. The Environmental Compliance Official shall only approve a C&DMMP if he or she determines that all of the following conditions have been met:
(1) The C&DMMP provides all of the information set forth in § 53.10(A);
(2) The C&DMMP indicates that at least 50% of all C&D materials generated by the project will be diverted, or an exemption has been approved pursuant to § 53.14(D); and
(3) The applicant has submitted an appropriate diversion security deposit in compliance with § 53.11.
(4) If the Environmental Compliance Official determines that these three conditions have been met, they shall mark the C&DMMP “approved,” return a copy of the C&DMMP to the applicant, and notify the Building Official and the Environmental Services Division that the C&DMMP has been approved.
(B) Nonapproval. If the Environmental Compliance Official determines that the C&DMMP is incomplete or fails to indicate that at least 50% of all C&D materials generated by the project will be reused or recycled, the Environmental Compliance Official shall either:
(1) Return the C&DMMP to the applicant marked “denied,” including a statement of reasons, and so notify the Building Official, which shall then immediately stop processing the building or demolition permit application;
(2) Return the C&DMMP to the applicant marked “further explanation required,” including a statement of reasons, and so notify the Building Official, which shall then immediately stop processing the building or demolition permit application. If, during the course of the project, the applicant determines that the estimated tonnage of C&D material to be generated and/or recovered from the project is substantially different from the C&DMMP, the applicant shall submit an addendum to the original C&DMMP.
(Ord. 1214, passed 10-15-03)