Skip to code content (skip section selection)
1105.07 CONSTRUCTION PROCEDURES.
(a) Pre-Construction Meeting Required. Prior to the start of any land clearing or grubbing or the construction of any improvements, the applicant shall attend a pre-construction meeting if required by the office of the Director of Engineering, Utilities, and Inspection. Prior to the meeting, the applicant shall submit any documents required by the approvals and conditions of approval established by action of the Planning Commission or City Council.
(b) Fees and Deposits. Prior to receiving authorization to proceed with construction, the applicant shall submit to the Director of Engineering, Utilities, and Inspection the required fees for inspection and testing, a development deposit as required by these Regulations, and evidence of liability insurance as established by these Regulations and by the development agreement.
(c) Authorization to Proceed. When the applicant has met all conditions required prior to construction, the Director of Engineering, Utilities, and Inspection shall issue written authorization to the applicant to proceed with installation of improvements. Construction of improvements, clearing, grubbing, or grading shall not be commenced prior to receipt of written approval from the Director of Engineering, Utilities, and Inspection.
(d) Installation of Improvements.
(1) The applicant shall install all improvements required by these Regulations and in accord with the conditions of the approvals granted by the City and the terms of the development agreement.
(2) It shall be the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that all construction is conducted in accordance with safety requirements established by OSHA and by other standard industry safety practices.
(3) Construction of sewer or water lines shall not commence until the applicant has obtained approval from the Ohio EPA and has presented copies of the approvals to the Director of Engineering, Utilities, and Inspection.
(4) The applicant shall employ and shall comply with all measures required by these Regulations, by the development agreement, and by the Engineering Construction Standards to protect properties adjacent to or downstream of construction activities from undue impacts other than temporary nuisances normally associated with construction work such as noise, lights, and unsightly conditions.
(e) Supervision of Installation. The installation of all required improvements shall be supervised by a professional engineer employed by the applicant.
(f) Inspections during Construction,. The Director of Engineering, Utilities, and Inspection shall make inspections during the installation of improvements to ensure conformity with the approved improvement plans and the development agreement. Inspections shall be performed according to schedules and methodologies as contained in the development agreement and in conformance with the Engineering Construction Standards.
(1) The Director of Engineering, Utilities, and Inspection and other duly authorized employees bearing credentials and identification shall be permitted to enter upon all areas of a subdivision or site development for the purpose of inspection, observation and measurement, in accordance with the provisions of these Regulations.
(2) The applicant shall pay the cost of all inspection services required by these Regulations and by the Director of Engineering, Utilities, and Inspection necessary to ensure conformity with the approved subdivision plat, construction drawings, and site development plans, including but not limited to sanitary and storm sewers, water mains, water quality, pavements, grading, sedimentation controls and other storm drainage improvements.
(g) Testing. The applicant shall pay the cost of and be responsible for conducting all required testing of pavements, utilities, and other improvementsas provided in these Regulations, in the development agreement, and in the Engineering Construction Standards.
(h) Stop Work Orders. In the event that work performed does not conform to the approved plans and agreements, the Director of Engineering, Utilities, and Inspection or the Planning and Zoning Director shall serve a written notice to comply upon the applicant. Such notice shall set forth the nature of the correction required and the time within which corrections shall be made. Failure to comply with such notice may result in issuance of a stop-work order applicable to all construction activity except that necessary for correction of the violation. Upon correction of the violation the stop-work order shall be voided and construction may resume. This remedy is cumulative and in addition to any other remedy afforded the City under these regulations or in law or in equity.
(i) Punch List. Upon notification by the applicant that construction is complete, or near completion, the Director of Engineering, Utilities, and Inspection shall inspect the subdivision improvements or site development and shall prepare a punch list of work required to be installed, completed, altered, or repaired. The Director of Engineering, Utilities, and Inspection shall deliver a copy of the punch list to the applicant who shall complete all items.
(j) Final Payments for Inspection and Testing. Upon completion of the required inspections and testing, the Director of Engineering, Utilities, and Inspection shall make a final and complete statement of the amount of the inspection and testing costs charged or to be charged to the Applicant and shall make a recommendation that the City require final payment or make refund to the applicant consistent with the terms of the Development agreement.
(Ord. 2004-013. Passed 3-22-04.)
(k) Certification of Improvements and As-Built Plans.
(1) The professional engineer who supervised the installation of the subdivision improvements or site development improvements shall, after completion of installation, certify to the Director of Engineering, Utilities, and Inspection that all improvements have been constructed as required by the improvement plans and development agreement and as such requirements have been modified during construction.
(2) The supervising engineer shall provide the city “as-built” plans in form required by the Director of Engineering, Utilities, and Inspection, accurately describing and locating all improvements as constructed. As- built documents shall include a full survey of the project site and be digitally superimposed (red-lined) over the original improvement plans. The as-built plans shall bear the seal and signature of the supervising engineer, a statement certifying the correctness of the as-built plans, and a statement certifying improvements were constructed in accordance with the approved improvement plans.
(Ord. 2016-105. Passed 11-21-16.)
(Ord. 2016-105. Passed 11-21-16.)