Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(1) The AHPC shall consist of seven members, each of whom shall have demonstrated a special interest, experience or knowledge of history, architecture or a related discipline;
(2) At least two of such members shall be preservation-related professional members to the extent such professionals are available in the community (preservation-related professions shall include the professions of architecture, architectural history, history, archaeology, interior design with a specialization in historic preservation, planning or a related discipline);
(3) City Council shall recommend the appointment of four members to the AHPC, the City Manager shall recommend the appointment of three members to the AHPC;
(4) The City Council shall designate one member of Council to serve as a non-voting liaison to the AHPC;
(5) Commissioners shall be residents of, be employed in, or own or operate a business in the City of Ashtabula;
(6) Vacancies on the AHPC shall be filled within sixty days, unless extenuating circumstances require a longer period. The Chairperson will notify the Clerk of Council when a vacancy exists. Any vacancy shall be filled for the remainder of the unexpired term in the same manner that the position was originally filled.
(Ord. 2019-88. Passed 8-5-19.)