Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The preliminary plat shall be drawn at a scale of not more than 100 feet to the inch on one or more sheets, preferably with dimensions of twenty-two inches by twenty-four inches, and shall show the following graphic and descriptive items:
(a) Items pertaining to the title:
(1) Proposed name of the subdivision. The names shall not duplicate or too closely approximate, phonetically or otherwise, the name of any other subdivision or street in the City area;
(2) Location by outlot or inlot:
(3) Name and address of developer, engineer or other technician who made the preliminary plan; and
(4) North point, scale and date.
(b) Existing items pertaining to the plan.
(1) Boundaries of the proposed subdivision, indicated by a heavy, solid line, and the approximate acreage comprised therein;
(2) Location, widths and names of all existing or platted streets indicated as to dedicated or undedicated, constructed or unimproved, official thoroughfares or other public ways, railroad and utility rights-of-way, easements, parks and other public open spaces, permanent buildings, section and corporation lines, within or adjacent to the tract;
(3) Existing sewers, water mains, culverts or other underground items within the tract or immediately adjacent thereto, with pipe sizes, grades and locations indicated;
(4) Names of adjacent subdivisions and owners of adjoining parcels of unsubdivided land. Unsubdivided land shall be shown by dashed lines; and
(5) Contours, referred to City datum, with intervals of five feet or less.
(c) Proposed items pertaining to the plan:
(1) Preliminary layout of streets, including names and widths of proposed streets, and widths of alleys, crosswalks and easements;
(2) Layout, numbers and approximate dimension of lots:
(3) Parcels of land intended to be dedicated or temporarily reserved for public use, and the conditions of such dedication or reservation;
(4) A brief written description of the improvements to be installed in the subdivision;
(5) Indication as to proposed use of lots; and
(6) An outline of any protective covenants and restrictions that are to be placed upon the lots.
(1980 Code 152.31)