Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) A license issued by the Director of Finance of the city shall be obtained by any person before selling or offering to sell any goods at a sale to be advertised or held out by any means to be one of the following kinds.
(1) Going-out-of-business sale.
(2) Removal of business sale.
(3) Fire and other altered stock sale.
(B) The provisions of this chapter shall not apply to or affect the following persons.
(1) Persons acting pursuant to an order or process of a court of competent jurisdiction.
(2) Persons acting in accordance with their powers and duties as public officials.
(3) Duly-licensed auctioneers, selling at auction.
(4) Persons conducting a sale of the type regulated pursuant to this chapter on the effective date, unless the sale is continued for a period of more than 30 days from and after the effective date, in which event, the person, at the lapse of the 30-day period, shall comply with the provisions of this chapter.
(5) Any publisher of a newspaper, magazine, or other publication, who publishes in good faith, any advertisement, without knowledge of its false, deceptive, or misleading character, or without knowledge that the provisions of this chapter have not been complied with.
('83 Code, § 118.03) (Ord. 10-1961, passed 2-28-61) Penalty, see § 118.99