Every person whose earnings of net profits are subject to the license fee imposed by this chapter shall file, by the federal income tax filing due date, an annual city return with the Occupational License/Net Profit Division.
   (A)   Where the entire earnings for the year are paid by one and the same employer and the license fee has in each instance been withheld or deducted by the employer from the gross amount of compensation without adjustment for expenses, it shall not be necessary for such employee to file a return for the year unless required or requested to do so by the Finance Director.
   (B)   If the return is made for a fiscal year or for any period other than a calendar year, the return shall be due the fifteenth day of the fourth month following the close of the fiscal year.
   (C)   The person making the return shall, at the time of filing thereof, pay to the city the amount of the fee shown to be due by the return.
   (D)   Where any portion of the license fee otherwise due shall have been deducted at the source and shall have been paid to the city by the person making the deduction, a credit equal to the amount so paid shall be deducted from the amount shown to be due and only the balance, if any, shall be due and payable at the time of the filing of the return.
   (E)   If a licensee shall terminate any business or employment for which the license fee has not withheld, during the calendar or fiscal year, the proper return shall be filed and the tax paid on the last day of the fourth month after the termination of the business or employment.
   (F)   If the due date of a return falls on a Saturday, Sunday or legal holiday, the return shall be filed on the next regularly scheduled work day. If the envelope bearing the return is postmarked on or before the due date, late filing penalties will not apply.
   (G)   An executed copy of the licensee's federal income tax return and/or Kentucky state tax return and any other pertinent information as required by the Occupational License/Net Profit Division shall be filed with the annual return.
   (H)   Requests for refunds will be held if the business is delinquent in the payment of other fees or late in filing returns with the city.
(Ord. 51, 2021, passed 4-23-21)