Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Sewer provision. Prior to the issuance of any permit pursuant to this section, the County Health Department approval for use of septic tank is required where a sewer system cannot be connected to city or county sewer.
(B) Building permit. No person shall commence or proceed with the construction, reconstruction, alteration, repair, removal, or demolition of any building or other structure, or any part thereof, without first securing a written permit, therefor, from the Building Inspector.
(C) Moving of buildings.
(1) No building or part of any building shall be moved through or across any sidewalk, street, alley or highway within the governmental limits without first obtaining a permit from the Building Official and other local authorities having jurisdiction.
(2) The Building Official may require a written application setting forth the following information:
(a) Type and kind of building to be moved.
(b) The original cost of building.
(c) The extreme dimensions of the length, height, and width of the building.
(d) Its present location and proposed new location by lot, block, subdivision and street numbers.
(e) The approximate time such building will be upon the streets, and the contemplated route that will be taken from present to new location.
(f) Clearance from other authorities as required, (such as public utilities, police departments, street department, etc.)
(g) Owners of property which might be affected.
(3) If in the opinion of the Building Official, the moving of any building will cause serious injury to persons or property or serious injury to the streets or other public improvements or the moving of the building will violate any of the requirements of this code or of the zoning regulations, the permit shall not be issued and the building shall not be moved over the streets. All buildings to be moved must meet requirements of this code.
(4) Any building being moved for which permit was granted shall not be allowed to remain in or on the streets for more than 48 hours.
(5) The Building Official, as a condition precedent to the issuance of such permit, may require a bond to be executed by the person desiring such removal permit, with corporate surety to his satisfaction, or show evidence of liability insurance insuring the person for such an amount as he shall prescribe.
(D) Demolition of a building or structure. It will be necessary to obtain a permit from the Department of Inspections before the demolition of a building or structure.
(E) Plumbing permit. No person shall commence or proceed with the installation, extension, or general repair of any plumbing system without first securing a written permit therefor from the Inspections Department; provided, however, no permit shall be required for minor repairs or replacements on the house side of a trap to an installed system of plumbing if such repairs or replacements do not disrupt the original water supply or the waste for ventilating systems.
(F) Electrical permit. No person shall commence or proceed with the installation, extension, alteration, or general repair of any electrical wiring, devices, appliances, or equipment without first securing a written permit therefor from the Inspections Department; provided, however, no permit shall be required for minor repair work such as the connection of portable devices to suitable receptacles which have been permanently installed; provided, further, no permit shall be required for the installation, alteration, or repair of the electrical wiring, devices, appliances, and equipment installed by or for an electrical public utility corporation for the use of such corporation in the generating, transmission, distribution, or metering of electrical energy, or for the use of such corporation in the operation of signals or the transmission of intelligence.
(G) Heating and air conditioning permit. No person shall commence or proceed with the installation, extension, alteration, or general repairs without a permit from the Inspections Department; provided, however, no permit shall be required for minor repairs or minor burner services. Building, plumbing, electrical, heating, and air conditioning permits will all be included on one form, and one fee will cover all permits. If it is necessary to issue an individual permit, refer to permit fee schedule § 150.29.
(Ord. passed 7-7-75; Am. Ord. passed 2-4-11) Penalty, see § 150.99