Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) No fee category. The Parks and Recreation Department has priority use of all facilities and recreational areas. When facilities are not in use for Parks and Recreation-sponsored activities, they shall be available on a permit/no fee basis to the following:
(1) All other city departments.
(2) City Council-approved special events (considered annually during budget process).
(3) Partner agencies with formal agreements.
(B) Partial fee category. Groups that meet the following local youth serving agency criteria will have priority use with those above, on a reduced fee basis (25% of regular public rates):
(1) The youth serving agency is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
(2) The youth serving agency is governed by a local, unpaid volunteer board and unpaid staff.
(3) Participant members are made up of a majority of City of Apache Junction residents.
(4) Youth serving agency participation is open to the public, and not “by invitation only,” or limited by any means other than the natural makeup of the league (i.e., no cuts and must have minimum participation/play rules in place).
(C) Full fee category. When facilities are not in use by the Parks and Recreation Department, or the groups listed above, they will be made available to other Apache Junction residents, groups or organizations on a permit/fee basis.
(D) Non-resident fee category. Individuals that do not reside within the incorporated limits of the city shall be charged a fee that is 25% more than the listed facility rental fees in § 4-1, Facility and Equipment Rental Fees, with the exception of pool entry/passes and multi-generational center entry/memberships.
(E) Commercial fee category. Businesses and other for-profit organizations shall be charged a fee that is 50% more than the listed facility rental fees in § 4-1-1, Facility and Equipment Rental Fees, with the exception of pool entry/passes and multi-generational center entry/memberships. Facilities that are on a Bureau of Land Management recreation and public purpose lease will not be eligible for commercial rentals.
(Ord. 1415, passed 6-16-2015; Am. Ord. 1507, passed 11-16-2021)