§ 54.63  AMENDMENTS.
   (A)   Whenever the public necessity, convenience, general welfare or good stormwater management practice requires, an amendment, supplement, or change may be considered by Council.  Amendments may be initiated by resolution of Council, by motion of the Planning Commission or by the filing of an application in the office of the Village Manager by one or more of the owners or lessees of property within the village affected by the proposed amendment or supplement.
   (B)   Applications for any change, amendment, or supplement shall be submitted and shall be accompanied by such data and information, as to assure the fullest practicable presentation of facts for the permanent record.  Each such application shall be verified by at least one of the owners or lessees of property within the village, attesting to the truth and correctness of all facts and information presented with the applications.  Applications for amendments initiated by the Planning Commission shall be accompanied by its motion pertaining to such proposed amendment.  An application initiated by Council shall be accompanied by its resolution pertaining thereto.
      (1)   Planning Commission action.
         (a)   The Planning Commission shall within 30 days after receipt of application and the proposal, recommend the approval or denial of the proposed amendment or approval of some modification thereof and shall submit such recommendation together with such application and text pertaining thereto to Council;
         (b)   Council may, on its own resolution, extend the time limitation for specific periods of time when it considers the extension is warranted.
      (2)   Council action.  Within two regular Council meeting dates after receipt of the application or, when required, receipt of the Planning Commission recommendations, Council shall either adopt or deny the proposed amendment or adopt some modification thereof.
   (C)   Appeal to Council decision. Any person adversely affected by an order of Council adopting, amending, or rescinding any portion of this chapter may appeal to the Court of Common Pleas of Hamilton County on the ground that Council failed to comply with the law in adopting, amending, rescinding or publishing such regulation, or that the regulation, as adopted or amended by Council is unreasonable or unlawful, or that the revision of the regulation was unreasonable or unlawful.
   (D)   Fee.  Each application for amendment to this chapter, except those initiated by the Planning Commission or Council, shall be accompanied by a fee as established by Council.
(Ord. 2002-11, passed 3-10-03)