Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) In order to accomplish the purpose of this chapter to protect the drainage facilities, improvements, and properties owned and maintained by the village, to secure the best results from the construction, operation, and maintenance thereof, and to prevent damage and misuse of any of the drainage facilities, improvements, or properties within the village, the utility shall utilize existing rules, regulations or codes and may make and enforce additional rules and regulations that are approved by Council, and are necessary and reasonable:
(1) To prescribe the manner in which storm sewers, watercourses, channels, and other stormwater facilities are to be designed, installed, adjusted, used, altered or otherwise changed;
(2) To recommend inspection and certain other fees permitted by this chapter;
(3) To prescribe the manner in which such facilities are operated;
(4) To facilitate the enforcement of this chapter;
(5) To prescribe the collection procedures and timing of service charge bills;
(6) To protect the municipal stormwater management system, improvements, and properties controlled by the utility, and to prescribe the manner of their use by any public or private person; and
(7) To protect the public health, safety, and welfare.
(B) Stormwater Management Design Manual. A manual incorporating all design criteria, procedures, policy statements, sample calculations, Stormwater Management Code interpretations, and the like, shall be provided by the Village Engineer and shall be the basis for design, construction and implementation of all stormwater management systems. The Village Engineer shall interpret the requirements of the manual.
(Ord. 2002-11, passed 3-10-03)