Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Notwithstanding any of the provisions of this chapter to the contrary, the City Council may issue a permit to any religious, charitable, educational or civic institution which is organized and operated for religious, charitable, educational or civic purposes to conduct, manage, carry on or operate a carnival within the city, which carnival may include the following:
(1) Mechanical rides which accommodate more than two persons at one time;
(2) Temporary booths or structures in which any type of contest or game of skill or any sideshow is conducted by a commercial con-cessionaire or operator employed by such institution.
(B) In the event that a permit is issued by the City Council pursuant to the provisions of division (A) above, the religious, charitable, educational or civic institution conducting, managing, carrying on or operating the carnival shall:
(1) Carry public liability insurance naming the city as an additional insured in the following amounts:
Bodily injury: $300,000 each person
$500,000 each accident
Property damage: $100,000 aggregate
and file certificates evidencing this coverage with the City Clerk.
(2) Permit a fire inspection by the City Fire Marshal.
(3) Obtain an occupancy permit and inspection by the City's Department of Planning and Building.
('86 Code, § 5.80.040) (Ord. 3609, passed - - ) Penalty, see § 1.12.010