Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Application required. Before any person shall engage in the business of conducting or maintaining any patrol service or system in the city, he or she shall make an application in writing to the Director of Finance for a license to engage in such business.
(B) Contents. The application shall contain the following information:
(1) The name, form of legal organization and business address of the applicant;
(a) If the applicant is a partnership, the name and address of all partners;
(b) If the applicant is a corporation, the names and addresses of the corporate officers and manager and a certified copy of the resolution authorizing such application;
(2) A description of the district or loca-tion(s) in which the applicant desires to operate;
(3) Whether or not applicant is licensed pursuant to Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code Chapter 11.5 of Division 3;
(4) A description of the methods of operation;
(5) The names and addresses of all patrol-men who are, or will be, owners, officers, or employees of the applicant;
(6) A statement of the offenses, if any, of which any person set forth in division (B)(1) of this section has been convicted, and of the time, place, and circumstances thereof;
(7) Such other information as either the Director of Finance or the Chief of Police may require.
(C) Referral. Upon receipt of any such application the same shall be forwarded to the Chief of Police for his or her information and, if required, investigation and report to the City Council.
(D) Street patrol service; investigation required. The Chief of Police shall investigate each application for street patrol special officer or for the furnishing of street patrol services and shall within ten days report thereon to the City Council who shall grant or deny the application. No permit shall be granted by the City Council to any person of bad moral character, and the City Council reserves the right to impose such reasonable additional requirements as necessary to meet local needs and are not inconsistent with the provisions of Cal. Bus. & Prof. Chapter 11.5 of Division 3.
('86 Code, § 5.60.030) (Ord. 1409, passed - - ; Am. Ord. 3758, passed - - ; Am. Ord. 3962, passed - - )