Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The Committee shall approve the applica-tion and authorize the Director of Finance to issue the necessary permit therefor if the Committee finds that;
(1) All of the statements made in the application are true.
(2) The applicant, or its managing officers and agents if the applicant is not an individual person, are of good character and reputation for honesty and integrity.
(3) The applicant has not engaged in any fraudulent transaction or enterprise.
(4) The solicitation will not be a fraud on the public.
(5) The solicitation is prompted solely by a desire to finance the charitable cause described in the application and will not be conducted for private profit.
(6) The control and supervision of the solicitation will be under responsible and reliable persons.
(7) The cost of raising the funds will be reasonable. Any such cost in excess of 25% of the amount collected shall be considered to be unreason-able unless special facts are presented showing to the satisfaction of the Committee that peculiar reasons make a cost higher than 25% reasonable in the particular case.
(8) The kind, character and method of the proposed solicitation, the time when it will take place, and its duration are such that the solicitation will be in the interest of and not inimical to the safety, convenience or welfare of the inhabitants of the city.
(B) In addition, the Committee may, as a condition to granting such permit, require the applicant to file a bond with the Director of Finance in a sum of not to exceed $2,000, in a form to be approved by the City Attorney, conditioned so that if applicant should fail to devote, pay or use the entire proceeds, or percentage thereof, as specified in the application, derived from the solicitation to the person for, or on whose behalf or benefit such solicitation was carried on, as indicated on the application, then the surety will pay to such person the amount of such bond.
('86 Code, § 5.28.070) (Ord. 2774, passed - - ; Am. Ord. 3673, passed - - )