Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Application procedure. An application for acceptance of art work to be donated to the city shall include:
(1) Preliminary sketches, photographs, models or other documentation of sufficient descriptive clarity to indicate the nature of the proposed art work;
(2) An appraisal or other evidence of the value of the proposed art work, including acquisition and installation costs;
(3) A written agreement executed by or on behalf of the artist who created the art work which expressly waives his or her rights under the California Art Preservation Act or other applicable law; and
(4) Other information as may be required by the City Arts Committee to adequately evaluate the proposed donation of art work.
(B) Review of application.
(1) Completed applications shall be submitted to the City Arts Committee for review and recommendation to the City Council.
(2) Recommendations shall be forwarded to the City Council, which shall have the sole authority to accept or reject or conditionally accept the donation.
(Ord. 4417, passed 9-10-01)