Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The notice of violation required by this chapter shall be on a form prescribed by the Chief of Police and Director of Finance and shall contain the following information:
(1) The violation, including reference to the section of this code, vehicle code or federal statute or regulation so violated;
(2) The approximate time thereof;
(3) The location where the violation occurred;
(4) The name and address of the registered owner and/or driver if obtainable;
(5) The vehicle license number and registration expiration date if they are visible and/or obtainable;
(6) The last four digits of the vehicle identification number, if obtainable or if that number is visible through the windshield;
(7) The color of the vehicle, and, if possible, the make of the vehicle;
(8) The time fixed and procedure for the operator to deposit the penalty, or pursuant to § 11.38.090, contest the citation.
(9) Whatever other information the Chief of Police and/or director of finance deem required in order to enforce the provisions of this chapter.
(B) The notice of parking violation, or copy thereof, shall be considered a record kept in the ordinary course of business of the Police Department and the Finance Department and shall be prima facie evidence of the facts contained therein.
(C) In addition, a notice of parking violation issued for an unlawfully parked vehicle shall be accompanied by a warning that repeated violations may result in the impounding of the vehicle.
('86 Code, § 11.38.070) (Ord. 4236, passed - - )