(A)   If a resident moves from one property to another property located in the corporate boundaries of the Town of Albany, Indiana, the property owner may transfer their water deposit to the new property address.
   (B)   If a spouse dies and the deposit is in the deceased person’s name, the deposit shall be transferred to the surviving spouse’s name at no additional cost, provided the surviving spouse signs a new deposit card. If that spouse remarries, the deposit amount will remain the same, but a new deposit card needs to be signed.
   (C)   In the event of a divorce, the water deposit shall be refunded to the person in whose name the water deposit is held. If one of the property owners continues to live at that property, that person shall make a new deposit, at the same amount of monies already on deposit.
   (D)   The Town Council shall set forth the amount of the water deposit owed both property owners and the tenants. The deposit listing shall be kept and maintained at the Municipal Office by the Town Clerk-Treasurer.
   (E)   In case of payment in full of the final utility bill, the Town Clerk shall refund the water deposit to the property owner and/or tenant.
   (F)   In case of non-payment of the final utility bill, the tenant’s deposit shall be applied to payment of water charges first, garbage and waste collection fees second, waste water charges third and then to storm water charges. If there is an unpaid balance, the property owner’s deposit shall be used to cover the remaining balance of the final utility bill.
   (G)   The Town Clerk shall provide a listing of unclaimed water deposits to the Town Council. The Council shall then give the Town Clerk-Treasurer the authority to remove the unclaimed water deposit from the town’s water deposit fund and to place the same in the town’s water operating funds.
   (H)   If a property owner (who is a landlord and owns more than one rental property in the town) has provided a deposit on one premises, has a tenant at another premises who has unpaid utility bills and has sold one of their properties, the property owner’s deposit for the property being sold shall be applied to any unpaid utility bills on any other premises owned by that property owner.
(Ord. 2004-24, passed 11-22-04; Am. Ord. 2009-8, passed 6-8-09)