Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) (1) If, after the certification of the official zone map by the Plan Commission, the Town Council, in accordance with the provisions of this chapter and I.C. 36-7-4-600 et seq., changes any of the district boundaries or other matter portrayed on the official zone map, such changes shall be entered by staff on a working copy of the official zone map which is maintained in the office of the Clerk-Treasurer of the town.
(2) The working copy of the official zone map shall be available for public inspection and reference during all normal business hours.
(3) In case of discrepancy between changes noted on the working copy of the official zone map and the official printed record of the Town Council, the official printed record of the Town Council shall control.
(B) (1) In the event that the official zone map becomes worn, damaged, destroyed, lost or difficult to interpret, staff shall, on an as needed basis, prepare a revised official zone map for review and recommendation by the Plan Commission at a public hearing for which proper notice is provided.
(2) A revised official zone map shall incorporate all official actions of the Town Council related to matters depicted on the official zone map since the adoption of the prior official zone map.
(3) A revised official zone map may also include revisions to correct drafting errors and changes in the base information related to plats or streets.
(C) (1) The Plan Commission shall certify its recommendation of such revised official zone map to the Town Council for official adoption by the Town Council.
(2) Any revised official zone map shall be identified as described above with the addition of the phrase “As amended to and including the Town Council docket of (applicable date).”
(D) No change of any nature shall be made in the official zone map, or matter shown thereon, except in conformity with the amendment procedures set forth in this chapter.
(Ord. 2000-16, passed 8-28-2000, § 7.3)