Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Submittal and approval. The project design plan, for any project within an Aesthetic Overlay District, shall be submitted and approved by the Design and Historic Review Commission (DHRC) prior to the issuance of any construction or development permits.
(B) Fee. The project design plan shall be accompanied by the appropriate fee and shall provide adequate information for the Design and Historic Review Commission (DHRC) to determine whether the proposed project will meet the ordinance requirements of the district.
(C) Project design plan. The following minimum information shall be provided on all project design plans:
(1) Location map. Including area within one-half mile of the subject lot including adjacent zoning districts, with north arrow indicator;
(2) Proposed project design plan. Location, identification and dimension of the following existing and proposed data, to a distance of 100 feet outside the subject lot unless otherwise stated to include the following:
(a) Topographic contours, at a minimum interval of one foot vertical to two feet horizontal (existing and proposed);
(b) Property lines (existing and proposed), with dimensions and north arrow indicator;
(c) Buildings and structures:
1. Use and square footage of each building;
2. Horizontal dimensions;
3. Building elevations;
4. Indicate required front, side, rear and street yard setbacks; and
5. Location, height and material of all existing and proposed walls or fences.
(d) Streets, alleys, driveways, paths, bikeways and rights-of-way;
(e) Easements, stating dimension and nature (both existing and proposed, aboveground and underground);
(f) Walls and fences (existing and proposed), including height, location and material;
(g) Parking facilities, including bicycle racks:
1. Proposed driveways (showing points of ingress and egress), islands and planters; and
2. Calculations indicating number of spaces for each use as required by the zoning code.
(h) Lighting (exterior) showing location, type and height in accordance with the Aesthetic Overlay District, Aesthetic Overlay Design Guidelines and Article 18 of this chapter; and
(i) Conceptual landscaping plan, indicating general location and type of plantings.
(D) Plan sheet. An 11 inch by 17 inch reduction of each plan sheet if submittal information is not submitted digitally.
(E) Legend. A legend shall be included, indicating the following:
(1) Name of project/development;
(2) Location of project/development by street address;
(3) Name and mailing address of developer/owner;
(4) Name and mailing address of engineer/architect or agent;
(5) Date of plan preparation;
(6) North arrow indicator;
(7) Scale of not less than one-inch equals 40, 50, 60, 100 or 200 feet to the inch, as deemed appropriate for each application;
(8) Project summary, indicating the scope and nature of project (if applicable, the project design plan shall include information on how it is coordinated with the overall Master Plan for the development); and
(9) An inventory of the uses proposed, including floor areas for each use.
(F) Phasing plan. If the proposed project is to be constructed in phases, a phasing plan for subsequent phases shall be provided. The following minimum information shall be provided on all phasing plans:
(1) Legal description of all properties, gross acreage of the entire project, and gross acreage of each property;
(2) A phasing plan at an appropriate scale indicating:
(a) Locations of buildings and structures;
(b) Parking facilities;
(c) Vehicle, pedestrian and bicycle circulation;
(d) Locations of adjacent arterial and major collector streets; and
(e) Retention, open space and recreational areas.
(3) A table of the proposed uses including gross floor areas for each use; and
(4) Location and timing of phasing within the development.
('80 Code, App. A, § 113) (Ord. 583, passed 9-16-1952; Ord. 2663, passed 7-20-1994; Ord. O2008-31, passed 8-6-2008; Ord. O2009-54, passed 10-21-2009; Ord. O2010-32, passed 7-7-2010)