Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Interpretation. This chapter shall be construed and applied to promote its underlying purposes and policies.
(B) Purposes. The underlying purposes and policies of this chapter are:
(1) To simplify, clarify and modernize the law governing procurement by this city;
(2) To permit the continued development of procurement policies and practices;
(3) To make as consistent as possible the procurement laws among the various governmental bodies;
(4) To provide for increased public confidence in the procedures used in public procurement;
(5) To ensure the fair and equitable treatment of all persons who deal with the procurement system of this city;
(6) To provide increased economy in city procurement activities and to maximize to the fullest extent practicable the purchasing value of public funds of the city;
(7) To foster effective broad-based competition within the free enterprise system; and
(8) To provide safeguards for the maintenance of a procurement system of quality and integrity.
('80 Code, § 12-17) (Ord. 2018, passed 6-17-81)