Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Special meetings may be called by the Mayor or majority of Council members in any of the following ways:
(1) By motion at a regularly scheduled meeting;
(2) By at least 24 hours' written notice to every member of the Council, provided that the requirements of a notice shall not be binding in any special meeting at which all of the members of the Council are present;
(3) Upon 24 hours' notice by telephone in which event the caller must file an affidavit with the City Clerk stating the name of all persons called and the time of such call;
(B) Except as provided in subdivisions (1) and (2) below, meetings shall not be held without at least 24 hours' notice to the members of the public body and to the general public:
(1) In case of an actual emergency, a meeting may be held upon such notice as is appropriate to the circumstances.
(2) A meeting may be recessed and resumed with less than 24 hours' notice if public notice of the initial session is given as required in § 30-03, and if, prior to recessing, notice is publicly given as to the time and place of the resumption of the meeting or the method by which notice shall be publicly given.
('80 Code, § 2-19) (Ord. 1400, passed 12-18-74; Ord. 2005, passed 5-6-81)
Council to provide for manner of calling special meetings, see Charter Art. VII, § 3
Notice of meetings other than regularly scheduled meetings, see A.R.S. 38-431.02(C) and (D)