Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) The provisions of this chapter shall not apply to:
(1) Persons authorized by the laws of this state to practice medicine, osteopathy, chiropractic, podiatry or naturopathy;
(2) Registered nurses, licensed practical nurses or technicians, when acting under the supervision of a licensed physician or osteopath;
(3) Persons employed or acting as trainees for any bona fide amateur, semiprofessional or professional athlete or athletic team;
(4) Persons authorized by the laws of this state as barbers or cosmetologists, provided their activity is limited to the head, face or neck;
(5) Persons wholly employed in the sale of clothing, cosmetics, jewelry or sporting equipment insofar as these individuals must incidentally touch a customer to properly fit or sell the product, at its standard market price; or
(6) Persons wholly engaged in specialized weight reduction techniques where touching of the body is incidental to the procedure.
(b) Any exemption granted herein is effective only insofar as and to the extent that the bona fide practice of the business or profession of the person exempted overlaps into the field comprehended by Chapter 840, and exemptions granted herein are solely for those activities which are performed in the course of the bona fide practice of the business or profession of the person exempted.
(Ord. 05-19, passed 5-12-2005)