Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Activities Prohibited.
(1) No person shall be appointed to or removed from, or in any way favored or discriminated against, with respect to any City position or appointive City administrative office because of race, gender, age, handicap, religion, country of origin or political affiliation.
(2) No person shall willfully make any false statement, certificate, mark, rating or report in regard to any test, certification or appointment under the provisions of this Charter or the rules and regulations made thereunder, or in any manner commit or attempt to commit any fraud preventing the impartial execution of such provisions, rules and regulations.
(3) No person who seeks appointment or promotion with respect to any City position or appointive City administrative office shall directly or indirectly give, render or pay any money, service or other valuable thing to any person for or in connection with his or her test, appointment, proposed appointment or proposed promotion.
(4) No person shall knowingly or willfully solicit or assist in soliciting any assessment, subscription or contribution for any political party or political purpose to be used in conjunction with any City election from any City employee.
(5) No City employee shall knowingly or willfully make, solicit or receive any contribution to the campaign fund of any political party or committee to be used in a City election or to campaign funds to be used in support of or opposition to any candidate for election to City office. This section shall be not construed to limit any person’s right to exercise rights as a citizen to express opinions or to cast a vote, nor shall it be construed to prohibit any person from active participation in political campaigns at any other level of government.
(B) Penalties. Any person convicted of a violation of this section shall be ineligible for a period of five (5) years following such conviction to hold any City office or position and, if an officer or employee of the City, shall immediately forfeit his or her office or position. The City Council shall establish by ordinance such further penalties as it may deem appropriate.