Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Appearance In Public Six Hours After Consumption: It shall be unlawful, and punishable as a misdemeanor, for any person under twenty one (21) years of age to appear on any street, thoroughfare or public place within this Town, six (6) hours after drinking and/or consuming any intoxicating liquor or malt beverage; and the odor of intoxicating liquor or malt beverage on the breath of said person shall be prima facie evidence that said person has, within six (6) hours, drunk or consumed either alcoholic liquors or malt beverages.
B. Possession Or Consumption Prohibited; Exceptions:
1. Any person under the age of twenty one (21) years who has any alcoholic or malt beverage in his possession or who is drunk or under the influence of alcoholic liquor, malt beverages or a controlled substance on any street or highway or in any public place, is guilty of a misdemeanor.
2. This subsection does not apply to possession of alcoholic or malt beverages by a person under the age of twenty one (21) years:
a. When making a delivery of alcoholic or malt beverages pursuant to his employment;
b. Who is in the physical presence of his parent or legal guardian;
c. When serving alcoholic or malt beverages pursuant to his employment in a restaurant which holds a license to serve alcoholic or malt beverages, if the person is at least eighteen (18) years of age.
C. Attempt To Purchase; False Identification: Any person under the age of twenty one (21) years who attempts in any manner to purchase alcoholic or malt beverages or who falsifies any identification or uses any false identification in order to obtain alcoholic or malt beverages, is guilty of a misdemeanor. (Ord. 99-11, 12-27-1999)
D. Prohibited Sale: It shall be unlawful for any person to sell, furnish, give or cause to be sold, furnished or given away, any alcoholic liquor or malt beverage to any person under the age of twenty one (21) years, who is not his legal ward, medical patient or member of his own immediate family.
E. Violation: Any person who violates subsection A, B, C or D of this section, or aids, abets or incites any violation hereof, is guilty of a misdemeanor. (Ord. 2006-04, 7-24-2006)
F. Presence In Licensed Building: No person under the age of twenty one (21) years shall enter or remain in any room or rooms in the licensed building where alcoholic or malt beverages are sold or dispensed, unless:
1. Accompanied by his or her parent or guardian who is at least twenty one (21) years of age, and the room is for the sale of alcoholic or malt beverages for off premises consumption and separate from any room for on premises consumption; or
2. In a dining or waiting area with a person who is twenty one (21) years old or older not later than ten o'clock (10:00) P.M., if the waiting area is part of the room; or
3. The room is a restaurant in which dining and food service is the primary business purpose, but in which persons who are dining may also order alcoholic or malt beverages to be delivered to their table. (Ord. 2017-08, 6-27-2017)