(A)  No person shall connect with the water system of the town until and unless he has applied in writing for permission to do so to the Department of Public Works. The application shall be made before any part of the drainage system of the house or other connection shall be laid or constructed.  The application shall be accompanied by a plan or drawing showing the location of the building and the entire proposed connection from the public water and sewer lines through the building to its terminus, including the location of all fixtures, traps, ventilating pipes, and the like.  The application shall state the number of the place, the name of the street, and the name of the applicant.  A copy of the application and permit shall be retained by the Department of Public Works. All connections shall be inspected before they are covered.
   (B)  No person, firm, or corporation shall fail to connect to the town's water and sewer system.  Any disconnection of service shall make the structure and appurtenances both unfit for human habitation and unusable for any purpose whatsoever.
(Ord., passed 7-28-83)  Penalty, see § 50.999
Statutory reference:
   Power to require connections, see G.S. § 160A-317
   Permits generally, see G.S. § 160A-417