Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) It is the purpose of this chapter to regulate adult oriented businesses to promote the health, safety, morals, and general welfare of the citizens of the city and to establish reasonable and uniform regulations to:
(1) Prevent additional criminal activity within the city;
(2) Prevent deterioration of neighborhoods and its consequent adverse effect on real estate values of properties within the neighborhood;
(3) To locate adult oriented businesses away from residential areas, schools, churches, parks and playgrounds, and other areas commonly frequented by children;
(4) Prevent concentration of adult oriented businesses within certain areas of the city; and
(5) To promote societal order, public health and to protect children.
(B) The provisions of this chapter have neither the purpose nor effect of imposing a limitation or restriction on the content of any communicative materials, including adult oriented materials. Similarly,
it is not the intent nor effect of this chapter to restrict or deny access by adults to adult oriented materials protected by the First Amendment, or to deny access by distributors and exhibitors of adult oriented entertainment to their intended market.
(Ord. 828, passed 2-10-97)