Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Replacement of Municipal-Owned Wireless Support Structure.
(1) When necessary to accommodate Small Cell Facility. The City may require, in response to an application to Collocate a Small Cell Facility on a City-owned Wireless Support Structure, the replacement or modification of the Wireless Support Structure at the Operator's cost if the City determines that replacement or modification is necessary for compliance with construction and safety standards. Such replacement or modification shall conform to these Design Guidelines. The City may retain ownership of the replacement or modified Wireless Support Structure.
(2) Accommodation of reservation of space for future public safety or transportation uses. If the City has reserved space for future public safety or transportation uses on the City-owned Wireless Support Structure, the replacement or modification must accommodate the future use.
(b) Removal or Relocation Required for City Project.
(1) Operator shall remove and relocate the permitted Small Cell Facility and/or Wireless Support Structure at the Operator's sole expense to accommodate construction of a public improvement project by the City.
(2) If Operator fails to remove or relocate the Small Cell Facility and/or Wireless Support Structure or portion thereof as requested by the City within 120 days of the City's notice, then the City shall be entitled to remove the Small Cell Facility and/or Wireless Support Structure, or portion thereof at Operator's sole cost and expense, without further notice to Operator.
(3) Operator shall, within 30 days following issuance of invoice for the same, reimburse the City for its reasonable expenses incurred in the removal (including, without limitation, overhead and storage expenses) of the Small Cell Facilities and/or Wireless Support Structure, or portion thereof.
(c) Removal Required by City for Safety and Imminent Danger Reasons.
(1) Operator shall, at its sole cost and expense, promptly disconnect, remove, or relocate the applicable Small Cell Facility and/or Wireless Support Structure within the time frame and in the manner required by the City if the City reasonably determines that the disconnection, removal, or relocation of any part of a Small Cell Facility and/or Wireless Support Structure (a) is necessary to protect the public health, safety, welfare, or City property, or (b) Operator fails to obtain all applicable licenses, permits, and certifications required by law for its Small Cell Facility and/or Wireless Support Structure.
(2) If the City Manager reasonably determines that there is imminent danger to the public, then the City may immediately disconnect, remove, or relocate the applicable Small Cell Facility and/or Wireless Support Structure at the Operator's sole cost and expense.
(d) Removal/Abandonment of Facilities.
(1) Operator shall remove Small Cell Facilities and/or Wireless Support Structures when such facilities are Abandoned regardless of whether or not it receives notice from the City. Unless the City sends notice that removal must be completed immediately to ensure public health, safety, and welfare, the removal must be completed within the earlier of 60 days of the Small Cell Facility and/or Wireless Support Structure being Abandoned, or within 60 days of receipt of written notice from the City. When Operator abandons permanent structures in the Right of Way, the Operator shall notify the City in writing of such abandonment and shall file with the City the location and description of each Small Cell Facility and/or Wireless Support Structure Abandoned. Prior to removal, Operator must make application to the City and receive approval for such removal. Operator must obtain a right of way work permit for the removal. The City may require the Operator to complete additional remedial measures necessary for public safety and the integrity of the Right of Way.
(2) The City may, at its option, allow a Wireless Support Structure to remain in the Right of Way and coordinate with the owner to transfer ownership of such Wireless Support Structure to the City, instead of requiring the owner and/or Operator to remove such Wireless Support Structure.
(e) Restoration. Operator shall repair any damage to the Right of Way, any facilities located within the Right of Way, and/or the property of any third party resulting from Operator's removal or relocation activities (or any other of Operator's activities hereunder) within ten (10) calendar days following the date of such removal or relocation, at Operator's sole cost and expense. Restoration of the Right of Way and such property must be to substantially the same condition as it was immediately before the date Operator was granted a Small Cell Permit for the applicable location, or did the work at such location (even if Operator did not first obtain a Small Cell Permit). This includes restoration or replacement of any damaged trees, shrubs, or other vegetation. Such repair, restoration and replacement shall be subject to the sole, reasonable approval of the City. (Ord. 38-2018. Passed 7-16-18.)