Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Wireless Telecommunications Facilities are conditional uses in all "C" districts of the City if combined with another use or located on the same parcel as a permitted use for the zoning district in which they are located. The Wireless Telecommunications Facility shall meet all requirements of the Code for the district in which it is located and in addition shall meet the following requirements:
(1) Minimum lot area. Wireless Telecommunications Facilities which include a Tower to support the Antenna shall utilize a Monopole Tower and shall be located on a lot of not less than one acre in area.
(2) Minimum yard requirements. Wireless Telecommunications Facilities which include a Tower to support the Antenna shall be located a minimum of sixty feet from any adjoining lot line and a minimum of 120 feet from any lot line of a "residential district" as defined in Section 1141.03 of the Code. Such setback shall apply to all elements of the Wireless Telecommunications Facility including Equipment Shelters and other above ground appurtenances.
(3) Maximum height. Any Tower and any Antenna shall not exceed 100 feet in height. The height for Equipment Shelters associated with a Wireless Telecommunications Facility shall meet requirements for maximum building height for the district in which it is located.
(b) The following requirements shall apply if the Wireless Telecommunications Facility is attached to an existing structure or building.
(1) Maximum height. No portion of any Wireless Telecommunications Facility shall extend more than twenty feet above that portion of the building or structure on which it is located.
(2) Equipment shelters. Any Equipment Shelter associated with a Wireless Telecommunications Facility not located within an existing building shall be effectively screened by a wall of not less than six feet in height or solid landscape screening utilizing evergreen plantings not less than six feet on center and a minimum of six feet in height at time of planting.
(Ord. 11-98. Passed 3-9-98.)