Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. General Permit Procedure:
1. Permit Required: Each commercial medical marijuana business seeking to operate within the City limits must first apply for the appropriate permit, as defined herein.
2. Application Process:
a. Every applicant shall provide the City Clerk with a written application on forms prescribed by the City Clerk, to contain the following:
(1) Name and address for each commercial medical marijuana business and description of the business form (e.g., corporation, limited liability company, partnership, etc.).
(2) Name and address of each individual having any ownership interest in the commercial medical marijuana business.
(3) Legal description and physical address of the location of the commercial medical marijuana business.
(4) Name and owner of the property where the proposed commercial medical marijuana business is to be located.
(5) Description of the nature of the proposed business activity.
(6) Evidence of a valid license issued by the State of Oklahoma to engage in the proposed business activity.
(7) Plans showing all proposed building and site improvements, including site plans, floor plans, mechanical, plumbing and electrical plans (designate between existing and proposed improvements).
(8) Security plans describing and documenting how the business will provide security twenty four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week, including:
(A) Preventing individuals from remaining on the premises if not related to the operations of the business.
(B) Establishing limited access areas to deter unauthorized entrance to areas containing marijuana and to prevent the theft of marijuana.
(C) Secure storage of all marijuana and marijuana products.
(9) The application shall be signed by the commercial medical marijuana business owner verifying, under the penalty of perjury, that the information provided is true and correct.
(10) Provide express consent for City officials to enter upon and inspect the premises upon reasonable notice.
(11) The application shall be signed by the property owner, if different than the business owner, verifying the application and acknowledging consent for the proposed use of the property.
b. Every applicant shall pay an application fee of two hundred dollars ($200.00) at the time of filing, which shall be non- refundable.
c. A separate application must be filed and permit acquired for each separate physical location of the same business.
3. Investigation: Upon receipt of an application, the City Clerk shall cause an investigation to be made to determine whether the premises proposed for permitted operations comply with the provisions of the zoning ordinance and any Health, Fire, Building and other Safety Codes applicable.
4. City Clerk Action: The City Clerk shall act on all applications within thirty (30) days of receipt thereof.
5. Update Information: Any change in the information previously provided to the City Clerk in the application process, which occurs after the issuance of the permit, shall be submitted to the City Clerk at least forty five (45) days prior to the anticipated change, if practicable, but in no event later than ten (10) days after the change occurs.
B. Types Of Permits:
1. Medical marijuana commercial grower permit: Required for all activity for which a license pursuant to 63 Oklahoma Statutes section 422 is required.
2. Medical marijuana processor permit: Required for all activity for which a license pursuant to 63 Oklahoma Statutes section 423 is required.
3. Medical marijuana dispensary permit: Required for all activity for which a license pursuant to 63 Oklahoma Statutes section 421 is required.
C. Permit Fee: There is hereby levied and assessed an annual occupation permit fee on every business or occupation relating to medical marijuana as specifically enumerated herein and in the amount herein stated:
Medical marijuana commercial grower
Medical marijuana processor
Medical marijuana dispensary
D. Permit Duration: The permit shall be valid for one year from the date of issuance.
E. Permit Non-Transferrable: A commercial medical marijuana business permit is non-transferrable.
1. Any change of individual ownership interest in the medical marijuana business must be submitted to the City Clerk at least forty five (45) days prior to the anticipated change, and shall contain the following:
a. Name and address of the new owner and all existing owners.
b. Specific date the ownership change is to be effective.
c. Acknowledgement of responsibility to comply with the existing permit.
d. A non-refundable fee of one hundred dollars ($100.00).
F. Permit Renewal: A permit renewal application, application fee and permit fee must be submitted to the City Clerk at least forty five (45) days before the expiration of the permit. A permit may not be renewed if there have been any violations or non- compliance with the permit, City ordinances, or State Statutes, regulations or administrative rules within the previous twelve (12) months. Any permit renewal is subject to the laws and regulations effective at the time of renewal. (Ord. 1672, 8-6-2018)