(A)   The Town Council approves and authorizes claim payments to be made by the Clerk-Treasurer in advance of formal Council allowance for the following types of expenses:
      (1)   Property or services purchased or leased from:
         (a)   The United States government; or
         (b)   An agency or political subdivision of the United States government.
      (2)   License fees or permit fees;
      (3)   Insurance premiums;
      (4)   Utility payments or utility connection charges;
      (5)   Federal grant programs, if:
         (a)   Advance funding is not prohibited; or
         (b)   The contracting party provides sufficient security for the amount advanced.
      (6)   Grants of state funds authorized by statute;
      (7)   Maintenance agreements or service agreements;
      (8)   Lease agreements or rental agreements;
      (9)   Principal and interest payments on bonds;
      (10)   Payroll; and
      (11)   State, federal, or county taxes.
   (B)   Each payment of expenses outlined in division (A) above must be supported by a fully itemized claim.
   (C)   With the prior written approval of the board having jurisdiction over allowance of the claim, the town fiscal officer may make claim payments in advance of formal allowance for those expenses outlined in division (A) above.
   (D)   The Clerk-Treasurer is authorized to pay such monthly and recurring statements and bills in the nature of telephone, utility service, payroll, insurance and other agreements in a time and manner as to avoid late payment penalties and to report thereon at the Town Council meeting next following said payment(s).
(Ord. 38, passed 2-18-1998; Am. Ord. 15A, passed 2-17-2004)
Statutory reference:
   Authority to allow disbursements for lawful town purposes, see P.L. 32-1992 and I.C. 36-5-4-12