Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The City Administrator shall have the following powers and duties:
1. Administration. Supervise and direct the administration of the City government.
2. Supervise Officers. Supervise and direct the official conduct of all appointed officers of the City except the Mayor Pro Tem and City Attorney.
3. Personnel. Appoint, promote, reassign, reclassify, discipline, demote, and discharge all employees in compliance with law and ordinance.
4. Compensation of Employees. Fix the compensation of all employees appointed by him or her, subject to the approval of the Council.
5. Investigation. Investigate, summarily and without notice, the conduct and affairs of any department, agency, officer, or employee of the City.
6. Law Enforcement. Supervise the enforcement and execution of all laws and ordinances within the City.
7. Contracts. Supervise the performance of all contracts for work to be done for the City.
8. Purchasing. Supervise the purchase and receipt of all materials, services, and supplies for and on behalf of the City.
9. Public Works. Supervise the construction, improvement, repair, maintenance, and management of all City property, capital improvements, and undertakings of the City, including the making and preservation of all surveys, maps, plans, drawings, specifications, and estimates for capital improvements.
10. Attend Meetings. Attend all meetings of the Council and City administrative agencies.
11. Recommendations. Recommend to the Council any measures as are necessary or expedient for the good government and general welfare of the City.
12. Cooperation. Cooperate with any administrative agency of the City.
13. Accounting. Supervise the City Treasurer/Finance Officer and ensure that the business affairs of the City are conducted by modern and efficient accounting methods and cause accurate records to be kept.
14. Budget. Prepare and submit to the Council annually the required budgets.
15. Financial Reports. Submit a written, itemized financial report to the Council not later than the fifteenth day of each month, showing receipts, disbursements, and investments for the preceding month.
16. Licenses. Provide for the issuance, suspension, and revocation of all licenses and permits authorized or required by law or ordinance.
17. Oaths. Administer oaths.
18. Powers Assumed. Assume the powers and duties of the City Clerk and Zoning Administrator.
19. Other. Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may be directed by the Council.