Skip to code content (skip section selection)
For the purpose of this chapter, the following definitions shall apply unless the context clearly indicates or requires a different meaning.
ADULT BOOKSTORE. An establishment having as a substantial amount of its stock in trade or its dollar volume in trade, books, magazines, periodicals, or other printed matter, or photographs, films, motion pictures, video cassettes, slides, tapes, records, or other forms of audio or audio representations which are distinguished or characterized by their emphasis on matter depicting, describing, or relating to specified sexual activities or specified anatomical areas.
ADULT CABARET. A nightclub, bar, theater, restaurant or similar establishment which features live performances by topless or bottomless dancers, go-go dancers, exotic dancers, strippers, or similar entertainers, where such performances are distinguished or characterized by an emphasis on specified sexual activities or by exposure of specified anatomical areas or which regularly feature films, motion pictures, video cassettes, slides, tapes, records, or other photograph representations which are distinguished or characterized by their emphasis on matter depicting, describing, or relating to specified sexual activities or specified anatomical areas for observation by patrons.
ADULT ENTERTAINMENT BUSINESS. A bookstore, motion picture theater, mini-motion picture theater, motion picture arcade, cabaret, drive-in theater, live entertainment arcade or other non-specified businesses which, as a substantial part of their business activities, sell or provide depictions of or provide activities which are distinguished or characterized by an emphasis on specified sexual activities or by exposure of specified anatomical areas.
SPECIFIED ANATOMICAL AREAS. Any of the following:
(1) Less than completely and opaquely covered human genitals, pubic region, buttocks, anus, or female breasts below a point immediately above the top of the aureole; or
(2) Human male genitals in a discernibly turgid state, even if complete and opaquely covered.
SPECIFIED SEXUAL ACTIVITIES. Any of the following:
(1) Human genitals in a state of sexual stimulation or arousal;
(2) Acts of human masturbation, sexual intercourse, or sodomy;
(3) Fondling or other erotic touching of human genitals, pubic regions, buttocks, or female breasts;
(4) Flagellation or torture in the context of a sexual relationship;
(5) Masochism, erotic or sexually oriented torture, heating, or the infliction of pain;
(6) Erotic touching, fondling or other such contact with an animal by a human being; or
(7) Human excretion, urination, menstruation, vaginal or anal irrigation as part of or in connection with any of the activities set forth in this definition.
SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNT or SUBSTANTIAL PORTION. Thirty percent or more of the inventory, receipts, or projection or performance time is devoted to or derived from the activities regulated herein.
(Ord. 14, 2003, passed 12-8-2003)