Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) It shall hereafter be unlawful for any person to burn or cause to be burned any leaves, brush or other rubbish within the corporate limits of the town.
(B) No person shall start, kindle, cause, allow, or maintain any form of leaf burning or wood burning of any kind, on private or public property, except as specifically authorized by this section.
(C) The following types of fires are permitted:
(1) Customary burning of logs and other wood products in residential fireplaces;
(2) Burning of charcoal and other food cooking fuels customarily used in outdoor grills or traditional food cooking devices;
(3) Fire celebrating Twelfth Night Ceremony;
(4) Fire celebrating school pep rallies;
(5) Fire celebrating scouting activities;
(6) Fire used for recreational cooking purposes ( i.e., campfires);
(D) All burning must be within the guidelines and restrictions of the Indiana Department of Environmental Management, the provisions of 326 IAC 4-1 et seq., and I.C. 13-17-9, as amended.
(`94 Code, § 6-2) (Am. Ord. 7 of 2009, passed 7-13-2009) Penalty, see § 10.99