Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Performance area. The performance area of an adult cabaret shall be limited to one or more stages of platforms permanently anchored to the floor (a “cabaret stage”). Each cabaret stage shall be at least 18 inches in elevation above the level of the patron seating areas. Each cabaret stage shall be separated by a distance of at least eight feet from all areas of the premises to which adult entertainment patrons have access. A continuous barrier at least three feet in height and located at least eight feet from all points of each cabaret stage shall separate each cabaret stage from all patron seating areas. The barrier shall consist of horizontal or vertical members spaced no more than nine inches apart and nine inches from the floor or the walls to which it is attached.
(B) Lighting. Sufficient lighting shall be provided and equally distributed throughout the public areas of the adult cabaret so that all objects are plainly visible at all times. A minimum lighting level of not less than 30 lux horizontal, measured at 30 inches from the floor and on ten-foot centers shall be maintained at all times for all areas of the adult cabaret where adult establishment patrons are admitted.
(C) Tipping. No tip or gratuity from any adult establishment patron may be offered or accepted for any performance by an adult establishment employee on any adult cabaret stage at any time prior to the completion of any performance. No adult establishment patron shall offer, and no adult establishment employee having performed on any cabaret stage shall accept any form of tip or gratuity offered directly to the employee by the adult establishment patron. Following completion of a performance, all tips and gratuities to adult establishment employees performing on any cabaret stage shall be placed into a receptacle provided for receipt of tips and gratuities by the adult entertainment establishment.
(D) Notice of select rules. A sign at least two feet by two feet, with letters at least one inch high, shall be conspicuously displayed on or adjacent to every cabaret stage stating the following:
This adult cabaret is regulated by the County of Will. Entertainers are:
1. Not permitted to engage in any type of sexual conduct.
2. Not permitted to appear in a state of nudity.
3. Not permitted to accept tips or gratuities for any performance until after completion of the performance.
4. Not permitted to accept any tips directly from patrons even after completion of the performance. Any such tips must be placed into the receptacle provided by management.
(E) Age limitations.
(1) No adult establishment employee or adult establishment patron at any adult cabaret or a licensed premises used for an adult cabaret shall be under the age of 21.
(2) No person under the age of 21 shall be admitted to any adult cabaret or to any licensed premises used for an adult cabaret.
(3) No person under the age of 21 shall be allowed or permitted to remain at any adult cabaret or any licensed premises used for an adult cabaret.
(4) No person under the age of 21 shall be allowed or permitted to purchase or receive, whether for consideration or not, any adult material or othergoods or services at or from any adult cabaret or any licensed premises used for an adult cabaret.
(1980 Code, § 119.111) (Res. 99-320, passed 8-19-1999) Penalty, see § 10.99