Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Application for a license other than a Class T, G, GC or SE hereunder shall be made to the Liquor Control Commissioner of the county in writing, under oath, signed by the applicant, if an individual, or by the duly authorized agent thereof if a club or corporation, and shall include the following information and statements.
(1) The name, age, date of birth, last three residence addresses and Social Security number of the applicant. In the case of a partnership, the application must contain the names, ages and last three residence addresses and Social Security number of each partner.
(2) If a corporate license is sought, the application must contain the name of the corporation, the date of incorporation, the articles of incorporation, and the names, addresses and Social Security numbers of all officers and directors. If a majority of the stock of the corporation is owned by one person, or his or her nominee, the name, address and Social Security number of each person shall be set forth in the application.
(3) In the case of an individual, the application must contain his or her place of birth, and if the applicant is a naturalized citizen, then the date and place of naturalization must be shown.
(4) The capital investment which the applicant intends to make in the business of selling liquor at retail upon receipt of a license.
(5) The location, address and legal description of the premises to be licensed. If the premises are leased, the applicant shall attach a copy of the lease to the license application.
(6) A statement whether applicant has made any other application in the state for a liquor license and what disposition, if any, was made of the application; and a statement that the applicant will not violate any of the laws of the state or the United States, and that the applicant will not violate any of the ordinances of the county.
(7) A statement whether or not applicant was ever convicted of a felony or misdemeanor, and if the applicant has a conviction, a statement of the nature of the crime, the date and place of conviction, and the sentence imposed.
(8) The applicant, any general manager, and in the case of a corporation, all officers and persons owning in the aggregate more than 5% of the stock of the corporate applicant shall be fingerprinted by the Sheriff of the county; all applicants shall obtain a signed affidavit from the Sheriff, clearing all persons who are required to be fingerprinted under this section. For purposes of obtaining fingerprints under this section, a fee to cover the costs incurred in the fingerprinting process shall be collected; the appropriate fee shall then be forwarded with the fingerprints to the Department of State Police. An application shall not be considered complete until all required affidavits are received.
(9) The applicant, or applicants, shall obtain a letter of approval from both the Health Department and the Building and Zoning Department of the county, and shall file the approval in the office of the County Liquor Commissioner with any application for a license.
(10) Each applicant must publish a “notice of intent” to obtain a county liquor license. The notice shall be published once in a paper of general circulation, serving the area of the proposed licensed establishment, and approved by the County Liquor Commissioner. The notice shall be in the form presented by the county. Any application for license shall not be complete until a certificate of publication has been filed with the County Liquor Commissioner.
(11) (a) All applicants must state on their application whether or not they have ever been arrested for any drug offense. If they have, they must fill in the result of the arrest and the charges for the arrest.
(b) All applicants must state whether or not they have been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor.
(c) The applicant must also sign the affidavit on the bottom of the application regarding perjury.
(12) All license holders must tender to the Liquor Commissioner their driver licenses or state identification card to be copied and held on file with their license application along with their Social Security number.
(B) Application for a Class G, GC, T or SE license shall be made as follows.
(1) Class G and GC. Application shall be made on a form as may be required by the Liquor Commissioner and shall include information he or she may require.
(2) Class T and SE. Application shall be made on a form as may be required by the Liquor Commissioner and shall include information as may be required and shall be filed no less than 14 days prior to the scheduled event.
(1980 Code, § 110.016) (Res. 86-90, adopted 6-19-1986; Res. 90-104, adopted 5-17-1990; Res. 97-59, adopted 3-20-1997; Res. 03-296, adopted 6-19-2003; Ord. 05-500, adopted 11-17-2005)
Local Liquor Control Commissioner, see ILCS Ch. 235, Act 5, § 4-6