Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The districts. The county's commercial zoning districts are listed below. When this zoning ordinance refers to "commercial" zoning districts or "C" districts, it is referring to these districts.
Business Park Commercial
(B) Purposes. Will County's commercial zoning districts are primarily intended to accommodate and promote business and commercial uses. Some are also intended to accommodate mixed-use development consisting of business uses and residential uses in the same building or on the same site.
(1) C-1 district. The C-1 district is primarily intended to accommodate small retail and service establishments that provide daily convenience goods and services for nearby residents.
(2) C-2 district. The C-2 district is primarily intended to accommodate small- to moderate-scale retail and service uses in the form of neighborhood shopping centers or vertical mixed-use developments with nonresidential uses on the ground floor and residential units on upper floors.
(3) C-3 district. The C-3 district is primarily intended to accommodate large-format retail uses, community shopping centers, service commercial and moderate to high-intensity vertical mixed-use developments.
(4) C-4 district. The C-4 district is primarily intended to accommodate retail, service and auto-oriented commercial uses.
(5) C-5 district. The C-5 district is primarily intended to accommodate offices and low-intensity employment uses in the form of stand-alone office buildings and business/research parks.
(6) C-6 district. The C-6 district is primarily intended to accommodate commercial recreation, amusement, and entertainment uses.
(Ord. effective 10-1-2012)